COVID-19 COMMUNITY RESOURCES
To inform Nevadans statewide, the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Governor’s Office have created Nevada Health Response to better share information and resources as it pertains to the current status of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact within the state of Nevada. Additional resources are listed below.
BUSINESSES HIRING IMMEDIATELY (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- PLI Cards; 1220 Trade Drive, North Las Vegas, NV 89030; https://www.plicards.com/careers
- Barclay Cards; hiring for apprenticeship position online only; https://search.jobs.barclays/ and search Henderson, NV
- U. S. Census; https://www.jobhat.com/ —–> Need help with applications? Call Suzanne Reed, 702-573-2547 or Migna Woodard, 702-216-1135
- Costco; https://www.costco.com/jobs.html
- Whole Foods; https://careers.wholefoodsmarket.com/global/en
- Sam’s Club; https://careers.walmart.com/?xid=ftr:careers
- Pepsi; https://www.pepsicojobs.com/main
- Target; https://corporate.target.com/careers/
- Albertsons; https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/albertsons-careers.html
- Lowe’s; https://jobs.lowes.com/
- Dollar Tree; https://www.dollartree.com/careers
- Vons; https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/vons-careers.html
- Dominos; https://jobs.dominos.com/dominos-careers/
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE UNEMPLOYED TO FILE AN UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM
If hours are reduced, can file for lost income: ui.nv.gov/css.html
TRAINING AND REHABILITATION
The Nevada Department of Employment, (DETR)
Call Center expanded hours (M-F) for those unable to file online.
North (775) 684-0350
South (702) 486-0350
ONE-STOP CAREER CENTERS
- 6330 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89146; (702) 822-4200
- 3405 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89169; (702) 486-0100 x2827
- Las Vegas Blvd N, North Las Vegas, NV 89030; (702) 486-0200 x4500
- E Sunset Rd #40, Henderson, NV 89014; (702) 486-0300
Southern Nevada Health District https://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org
Disease updates and clinical services to the community
- 280 S. Decatur Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89107
- 570 N. Nellis Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89110
- 333 N. Rancho Drive Las Vegas, NV 89106
- 240 Water Street Henderson, NV 89015
- 55 Civic Way Laughlin, NV 89029
- 830 Hafen Lane Mesquite, NV 89027
$200 cash assistance to help students and parents of students buy groceries, health supplies, and other necessities. Apply at Student Relief Fund
Serving our Kids Foundation (weekend meals) servingourkids.org and 702-358-1056
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) COVID-19 formula supply at 800-8-NEV-WIC
FREE Meals at Local Eateries for Kids Affected by School Closures:
- Aloha Kitchen
Chicken teriyaki bowls for kids (with student ID) between 2-4PM until April 3rd:
- Monday 2605 S. Decatur Blvd
- Tuesday: 8150 S Maryland Parkway
- Wednesday: 2605 S Decatur
- Thursday: 4745 S Maryland Parkway
- Friday: 4466 E Charleston Blvd
- Cereal Killerz Kitchen
Free build your own waffle for children (no questions, no purchase) between 12 pm – 3 pm.
Show staff member the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9z92YKn7f9/
- Griddlecakes and Stacks & Yolks
Pancake, eggs and home fries to kids (no questions asked). Monday – Friday 11 am – 1 pm
- Smoked Burger and BBQ
Kids 12 or under eat charge lunch or dinner off of kids menu FREE 7 days per week.
Valid for 30 days:https://www.instagram.com/p/B91PwPcHci4/
Las Vegas – As long as CCSD school closures are in effect, any student, free lunch pizza from 11 am – 3 pm: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9zn6vsnRlm/
- Bluem Vegas
Will provide free food for all kids 12 and under from 3 pm – close until further notice. https://www.instagram.com/p/B9yPEtzH3J0/
- My Garage
For two weeks they will be offering free Junior cakes for children between pre-k to 5th grade,
Monday through Friday from 10 am to 12 pm (pick up only): Centennial Center Blvd
- Lucinos Pizza LV
$5 bucks for a whole meal: https://www.instagram.com/p/B90gDXuHQTq/
Community Walk-in Food Pantries
- Calvary Downtown Outreach
2101 E. Owens Ave., North Las Vegas, Wed & Thurs 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
1501 N. Las Vegas Blvd., Mon-Sat 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Our Savior’s Lutheran Church
59 Lynn Ln., Henderson, Mon, Wed & Fri 12:30 – 2 p.m.
- Central Church
1001 New Beginnings Dr., Henderson, Sun & Wed – 8 a.m.
- St. Therese Center
215 Palo Verde Dr., Henderson, Mon – Thur 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Friday – 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- City Impact
950 E. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, Tue – Thur -10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Truth Christian Ministries
5101 N. Rainbow Blvd Sat 7 – 9 a.m.
- International Church
6610 W. Katie Ave., Tue 4 – 5:30 p.m. Thur 12 – 4 p.m. Last Sat of month 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Veterans Village
1150 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Sun 12 – 1 p.m. Mon, Wed & Fri 12 p.m. until the food is gone
- Pop-Up Food Pantry
- Family Promise
320 S 9th St Las Vegas, NV 89101 702-638-8806
- Help of Southern Nevada
1640 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119 702-369-4357
- Lutheran Social Services
73 Spectrum Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89101 702-639-1730
- Economic Opportunity Board of Clark County
330 W. Washington Ave. Suite 101 Las Vegas, NV 89106 702-445-7105
- HopeLink of Southern Nevada
(Henderson residents only)
SMALL BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
SBA announces the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program to provide working capital loans up to $2 million.
State of Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services – https://dwss.nv.gov/ (702) 426-4900
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) –also known as “Food Stamps.”
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – Cash for dependent child care in their own homes or in the homes of relative caregivers.
- Medicaid – Medical Assistance helping meet the cost of medical services for individuals receiving public assistance payments, and low-income individuals and families.
- Child Care Assistance Assists low-income families in obtaining child care so they can work.
- Child Support Enforcement Program for both TANF and non-TANF families.
— parent location
— establishing paternity for children
— financial and medical support orders
— enforcing support orders
— collecting and distributing support payments https://accessnevada.dwss.nv.gov/public/landing-page
— to apply for benefits https://dwss.nv.gov/https://dwss.nv.gov/Contact/Welfare to reach a call center
FCC agreement states that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot spots.
Library Wi-Fi extends into the parking lots
FREE BABY FOOD, DIAPERS, AND OTHER BABY SUPPLIES
- Saint Jude’s Ranch for Children
Free diapers, infant formula, and food- Tuesdays and Thursdays 2685 South Rainbow Boulevard Las Vegas, NV, 89146 702-436-1624
- Lutheran Social Services of Nevada
Maternity and baby clothing, diapers, formula, wipes, hygiene 73 Spectrum Boulevard Las Vegas, Nevada 89101 702-639-1730
- United Labor Agency of Nevada
1201 North Decatur Boulevard Las Vegas, NV, 89108 702-648-3500
- Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
Diapers, free baby supplies, toys for kids, food 1501 Las Vegas Boulevard North
- First Choice Pregnancy Services
Free pregnancy tests, consultation, ultrasounds, and referrals 860 East Sahara Avenue Las Vegas, Nevada, 89104 702-294-2273
- Christ the King Catholic Community
Baby pantry is known as Manna Cupboard 4925 South Torrey Pines Drive Las Vegas, Nevada, 89118 702-871-1904
- HELP of Southern Nevada
Free baby wipes, diapers, prenatal vitamins, and other supplies
1640 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas, NV 89119 702-369-4357
- Clark County WIC Vouchers
Vouchers to pay for nutritional foods and formula.
- 3838 Meadows Lane
- 3603 North Las Vegas Boulevard
- 1000 East Sahara Avenue
- 1799 Mount Mariah Drive
- 6480 West Flamingo Road
- 3838 Meadows Lane
ENTERTAINMENT AND EDUCATION
Las Vegas Library
Library cardholders utilize https://lvccld.org/ for downloadable eBooks and audiobooks, streaming music, TV shows, databases, and eResources such as Lynda.com, Rosetta Stone, and Socrates (helps kids in grades K-5 improve their knowledge base outside of school while having fun playing games).